Why is Video Content important for any future marketing plan?
Video Marketing, 1:1 Marketing, Content Marketing, Digital Marketing, Customer Engagement, Online Marketing, Social Marketing
By 2017, video will account for 69% of all consumer internet traffic, according to Cisco. Video-on-demand traffic alone will have almost trebled. It’s no secret that the use of video in content marketing is on the rise. And, it’s certainly not a tactic to be taken lightly. In fact, YouTube is now the second-largest search engine on the web, and while video marketing is frequently an afterthought, its value demands a front-runner position in your content marketing plan.
Video is the future of any organization’s marketing plans. There has been a general rise of companies adapting the video as a medium of marketing. Nielsen claims 64% of marketers expect video to dominate their strategies in the near future.
Let’s take a look at some of the reasons why video’s growing demand is at a sky high:
- Engaging - Video is a better form of communication to narrate the story about your brand/product to your potential customers, whereas a text or image can’t. A video can give you good brand visibility.
- Stronger Consumer Attention - Videos have been proven to demand more consumer attention than any other medium. And while we’re in the midst of what some might call a content-overload for consumers, capturing attention is quintessential.
- Improved SEO - Utilizing video in your content marketing efforts will no doubt, improve SEO. In fact, "according to Comscore, adding a video to your website can increase the chance of a front-page Google result by 53 times".
- Higher Retention Rates - 65% of viewers watch more than ¾ of a video, which is more than we can say about text-based content.
- Video helps to increase sales conversion - Most customers conduct some research online before buying anything from a brand. If your brand possesses an excellent video which has a proper description, title and sitemap, it may come on the first page of Google search when a customer types any keyword relevant to your product.
- The rise of personalized video marketing - Currently, most marketers are using 3rd party data to show more personalized video ads on publishers’ property. Video advertisement has now become data driven. Your video ads will be shown to the right audience who have interest in your brands.
- Stronger Emotional Connections - Video is the most powerful tool to evoke emotions online. It’s King because it offers a slew of attributes above and beyond traditional content, for e.g. the tone of voice, face expressions and music, to name a few.
- You can now embed a video into the email body - With the rise of new mobile device smartphones, support of HTML5 and other rich media formats by these, you shouldn't miss out video email as a part of your strategy to increase conversion and CTR. Now you can send embedded videos inside the email body by using tools such as Vidoomail.com and thereafter, track performance in real-time.
Just to conclude, the power of social media and the role video marketing plays in it shouldn't be underestimated. Thousands of videos are shared every day on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other popular social networks on the internet through which brands fetch leads. And, believe it or not, the future will prove that video is the best source for arousing customer interest.